MOTOR VEHICLE CLAIMS
Instructions to Drivers
If you are involved in an accident :
- Stop and exchange the following information with the other driver or persons involved:
- Name and address of driver (& owner if different to driver).
- Registration numbers/descriptions of vehicles and damage.
- Insurance company details.
- Where damage to other property has occurred (e.g. fences, gates etc), record details of damage and details of owner(s) if available.
- At the scene of the accident, record the names and addresses of any witnesses.
- If the vehicle is immobilised remove valuables and arrange for it to be towed to a convenient place of safety for repair.
- If the accident involves injury to any person or animal it must be notified to the police.
DO NOT ADMIT LIABILITY
If the vehicle is stolen :
Report the theft to the nearest Police station immediately and obtain a complaint acknowledgement form.